Drugs & Alcohol
Drugs and alcohol are a part of modern society, but what happens when they impact on the workplace?
Apart from the sickness absence caused by alcohol and substance misuse, those employees who believe they are “functional” place themselves, their colleagues and the company at risk of serious accident or death through their impairment. We do Health and Safety can support organisations to deal with these complex and sensitive issues.
Typically, our involvement is triggered by:
- Concerns about drug and alcohol misuse in your workplace where you don’t know how to deal with it.
- Multiple, unexplained minor accidents, incidents or near misses.
- An accident which gives you cause to think drug or alcohol misuse may be to blame.
- High levels of employee absences.
- A general desire to support and look after your employees who may misuse drugs and alcohol.
Whether you’re seeking ways to identify cases of drug and alcohol misuse within the working environment or to test your employees, we can support you.
Why choose We do Health & Safety to guide you on drugs and alcohol in the workplace?
- We ensure the company has an up to date drug and alcohol policy and will support its effective implementation.
- We can provide testing for alcohol via breath analysis as well as saliva and urine-based indicator testing, for the presence of all main drug types. Following a positive test, we can obtain samples for more detailed laboratory analysis.
- Hair samples may also be obtained where a period of analysis is required i.e. across the previous three months as part of your company support in the management of an individual’s misuse.
- We attend the workplace to carry out pre-employment, random or “with cause” (incident/accident) testing, including out of hours.
- As part of our ongoing support, clients will benefit from guidance and advice in the management and support for both employer and employee.
With something so serious and potentially dangerous to your business can you afford to ignore this issue?
To find out more about how we can support you to create a safer workplace, please get in touch with one of our experts.
It was only through a recent staffing issue that I realised the true importance of having a professional HR service available to my company. And although you have made me aware of the benefits of We Do HR through our many meetings together and at the BNI, I never really considered that it would happen to me.